GCPC COVID-19 Response
Remedy Exchange, Inc. and Genesee County Prevention Coalition
COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE PLAN
- The COVID-19 worksite supervisor tasked with implementing, monitoring, and reporting on the COVID-19 control strategies is Andrea Keller, Administrative Assistant, under the supervision of Lisa Fockler, Executive Director.
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing, by providing a place to wash hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol are provided.
- Maintain at least six-foot physical distance among employees and between employees and others while state and local health authorities recommend the use of social distancing strategies.
- Require masks in shared spaces where social distancing cannot be maintained. Disposable masks will be provided.
- Workers are encouraged to stay home if they are sick or have been exposed to a confirmed case COVID-19.
- If a confirmed case of COVID-19 is reported amongst an employee, the Executive Director will close the office for cleaning and will communicate with each employee their responsibility to quarantine for the currently recommended period. The confirmed case will be reported to the local health department by Andrea Keller or Lisa Fockler.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
- Provide tissues and no-touch trash receptacles.
- Workers are discouraged from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment. It is recommended to clean frequently touched surfaces every two days. Clean all shared surfaces after each use. Frequently touched surfaces in shared areas, like doorknobs, microwave, and refrigerator will be sanitized daily by the designated COVID-19 worksite supervisor.
- When choosing cleaning chemicals, choose (EPA)-approved disinfectant labels with claims against emerging viral pathogens. Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, PPE).
- Encourage workers to utilize social-distancing, masks, and hand-sanitizer when visiting public spaces outside of work.
- Restrict business-related travel to essential travel only.
- Conduct a daily entry self-screening for all workers, contractors, and worksite visitors requesting information on symptoms and suspected or confirmed exposure to people with possible COVID-19.
- Request printed name and contact information upon entry to maintain contact tracing capability.
- Provide worksite infection control practices upon entry.
- Provide personal protective masks and hand sanitizer.
- Employees, contractors, and visitors who have been on premises in the previous two weeks of onset of symptoms of COVID-19 or a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 are asked to notify GCPC of the potential exposure.